Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I have not seen thee for too long of a time

Well, hello again blog. It certainly has been a while since words last touched your page. I was browsing over posts from years ago, and to my surprise I still find them relevant. They hold so much of personal meaning I gave them when I first wrote them, despite being very abstract.

After many experiences and much education over the past year, I have ventured into the world of first person. Not only have I cast off the third person, I also find that I apply greater consideration to what I write, am more aware of sentence structure and organization of ideas. Perhaps I came back here because of an indwelling fear of complete conformity, of unbreakable structure brought on by living with a routine.

I have discovered a great internal conflict with two aspects that threaten to tear my will in two. It is here that I wish to release the original flare of creativity that I began writing with, before my thoughts began to conform to influences of society's demands. I can still appreciate the skills and structure that I have been taught, yet the danger lies in allowing extinguishing that precious flame of creative freedom.

It has frequently been experienced that the most difficult part of any task is simply starting it, because so many other items vie for attention and focus is easily diverted. Now this piece has been written, and has created a crack in the dam through which the streams of creativity may creep, and eventually break through and flow.

The mind has been aroused, risen to its full stature, and begun to gallop across the endless horizon as it once did. It is gathering speed and fury to tear across the horizon as it once did, uprooting the original topic from its comfortable place at the top of the page, and dragging it, whipping and struggling, across the windswept plains of thought.


No comments:

Search Google for other Blogs

Google